CELLULOID DREAMSTATE: COMPOSING MEMORIES THROUGH DECAY
Mont Tesprateep (Thailand)
In dialogue with Silke Schmickl
Working with the increasing arcane medium of celluloid film, Pathompon Mont Tesprateep has carved out a unique position between film, installation and sound art practices. His short films harness the aesthetics of silent cinema with an unconventional use of sound and silence.
Having showcased his work at the Rotterdam International Film Festival this year with the recommendation of Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Mont joins Silke Schmickl, co-founder of Lowave, an experimental film and video art publishing house, now engaged in curatorial work that parallels Mont’s transversal approach towards different medium and its shifting contexts.
Mont will share his artistic approach as they ponder upon the oneiric quality of silent cinema, its uncanny aura in the present, the investment of personal memories through this mediums and to what ends it serves.
SHORT FILM SCREENINGS
• Excerpt: Endless, Nameless (Thailand / 2017 / approx. 8min)
• Song X (Thailand / 2017 / 20min / Rating: PG)
• 30 May • Sustainable Idealism: Realities of Filmmaking
Don Aravind (Singapore)
In dialogue with Andie Chen
• 27 June • The Pontianak Resides Within: Femininity As Monstrosity
Amanda Nell Eu (Malaysia)
In dialogue with Tania De Rozario
• 25 July • Special Edition – Asian Three-Fold Mirror: Reflections
Sharifah Amani (Malaysia)
In dialogue with Janice Koh
• A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
• On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
• Registration closes on 25 April 2018, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
• Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / +65 6509 4749
8:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5)
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore